White Bean & Rosemary Soup
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Hour
Total time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Serves: 8 Servings
- 3 large leeks, white parts only, well rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound dry white cannellini beans soaked in the refrigerator 6 hours or overnight (or two 15 oz cans cannellini beans rinsed)]
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1/4 cup Durant Olive Mill Rosemary or Garlic Fused Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Durant Chardonnay Smoked Salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- In a large stockpot over low to medium heat, sauté leeks with olive oil until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook over low heat for about 3 more minutes.
- Add the drained white beans, rosemary, chicken stock, and bay leaf. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer 30-40 minutes until the beans are soft (20 minutes if using canned beans).
- Remove the rosemary sprig and the bay leaf.
- Pass the soup through the coarsest blade of a food mill, or place in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until coarsely pureed.
- Return soup to the pot to reheat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of Durant Olive Mill Rosemary or Garlic Fused Olive Oil and a sprinkle of Durant Chardonnay Smoked Salt.