Vegan Olive Oil Apple Crisp
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 45 Minutes
Total time: 65 Minutes
Serves: 10 Servings
- 1 cup whole oats*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Durant Himalayan Salt
- ½ cup Durant Olive Mill Arbequina EVOO
- 8 large apples (granny smith are ideal to balance the sweetness),
- peeled and chopped into 1” pieces (about 830 grams)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 3 Tbsp flour*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all your dry crumble ingredients, mix well then add in your Durant Olive Mill Arbequina EVOO and mix until large clumps form. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, add your diced apples and spices for your apple mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes then using a slotted spoon, place in 10” Finex Cast Iron Skillet, leaving excess liquid in bowl.
- Top your apples with crumble mixture and place cast iron in the oven to bake for 45-55 minutes in center of oven until apple mixture begins to bubble and crumble is browned. If crumble begins to brown too fast, drape with a sheet of foil to finish baking.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly. Scoop and top with ice cream! Enjoy!
*Can substitute gluten free flour and oats to make the dish gluten free and vegan
*Recipe and imagery courtesy of Cosette Posko – Cosette’s Kitchen