Tortellini Pasta Salad
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Cook time: 5 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 8 Servings
- 2 lbs pre-cooked fresh/frozen tortellini (you may sub for 1 lb DRIED pasta or tortellini)
- ¼ cup Aperö Balsamic Fig Vinegar
- ½ cup Durant Olive Mill Koroneiki evoo
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed with mortar
- 1 Tbsp dijon or whole grain mustard
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp honey (or date syrup to keep vegan)
- ½ lemon squeezed
- Salt to taste + additional for pasta water
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, small florets, blanched - see instructions
- 1 cup peas, blanched - see instructions
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup diced mozzarella
- ⅓ cup olives, pitted
- ½ cup salami or chicken, diced (omit to keep vegan/vegetarian)
- Cook tortellini or pasta according to instructions on packaging, salt water. During the last 1 minute of cooking time, add your frozen peas and broccoli florets and drain all together when pasta is cooked. Rinse under cold water quickly and set aside to toss with dressing.
- While pasta cooks, in a small bowl, whisk all your dressing ingredients together until it thickens and becomes emulsified. (you can double if you’d like to keep dressing on hand in fridge for other salads)
- Prepare your add-ins. Some suggestions are given above that have been added to this salad. Other ideas include: chickpeas, tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers, goat cheese or any other vegetables you have on hand.
- Toss your veggies, cheese and other add-ins to the pasta and coat with dressing. Mix well and let sit to absorb.
- Enjoy as a side dish, dinner or lunch.
- Store in fridge, best within 5 days
Note: If adding cucumbers, tomatoes or spinach, add in just before serving so they don’t get soggy. Ingredients listed above are great to store and will not wilt or create moisture.
*Recipe and imagery courtesy of Cosette Posko – Cosette’s Kitchen