Spicy Moroccan Carrot Salad
- 2 Lbs carrots
- 1/3 Cup Oregon Olive Mill Koroneiki EVOO, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs honey
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Medium jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1/8 Tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 Tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Tsp sweet paprika
- 2 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp Aperö Fig Vinegar
- Sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt, chilled
- Peel and cut carrots into cylinders or semicircles 1/2 inch thick; all the pieces should be roughly the same size.
- Place in a large saucepan and cover with salted water.
- Bring to boil, then turn down heat to simmer for about 10 minutes or until tender but still crunchy.
- Drain in a colander and leave to dry out.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onion for 12 minutes on medium heat until soft and slightly brown.
- Add the cooked carrots to the onion, followed by all the remaining ingredients apart from the cilantro and yogurt.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt, stir well and leave to cool.
- Before serving stir in cilantro, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls with a dollop of yogurt and a healthy drizzle of Oregon Olive Mill Koroneiki EVOO and extra cilantro.
with Oregon Olive Mill Koroneiki EVOO & Aperö Fig Vinegar