Roasted Lemon, Cauliflower & Leek Cavatappi
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 6 Servings
- 1lb cavatappi pasta
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 leek
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan
- 4 tbsp Durant Arbequina Olive Oil EVOO + 1 tablespoon for sautéing
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop cauliflower into roughly 1 inch pieces. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with Durant Olive Mill Arbequina evoo and add halved lemons and garlic cloves.
- Remove dark green leaves from leek and slice down the middle. Rinse under water to remove any excess sand and dirt. Chop leek into bite size pieces.
- Roast cauliflower, garlic and lemons for 30 minutes- until cauliflower is golden in color.
- Once 15 minutes of cauliflower bake time has passed, start boiling water for pasta. Cook cavatappi to al dente, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- While pasta cooks, add about a tablespoon of evoo and leeks to a large skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven. Place the cauliflower directly in skillet, squeeze the lemon juices in the skillet and finely mince the roasted garlic before adding into the mixture.
- Lastly, add the cooked pasta, with a splash of the pasta water to the skillet. Mix thoroughly before adding in the remaining Arbequina evoo, grated parmesan and salt and pepper.
Serve warm or cold as a delicious picnic pasta salad!