Roasted Garlic, Parsnip & Cauliflower Soup
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 large parsnips, roughly chopped — 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Durant Olive Mill Garlic Fused Olive Oil
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned, full fat) OR half-and-half
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 large crisp apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Additional Durant Olive Mill Garlic Fused Olive Oil for finishing
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- On a sheet pan, combine cauliflower, parsnips, and garlic. Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons of Durant Olive Mill Garlic Fused Olive Oil, and stir to coat veggies. Roast 20-25 minutes, until browning on edges.
- While veggies roast: heat remaining 2 tablespoon of oil in a 10-inch skillet over low heat. Add sliced onions to pan, and sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions are a golden brown. Add a pinch of salt during this step to speed it up. Add diced apples to pan, and cook 5 minutes longer, until apples are softened.
- Place cooked veggies in a blender or food processor with coconut milk, broth, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt to taste.
- Divide soup among serving bowls and top with caramelized onions and apples. Drizzle with Durant Olive Mill Garlic Fused Olive Oil and season with pepper to taste.