Roasted Butternut, Apple, and Rosemary Soup
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 50 Minutes
Total time: 70 Minutes
Serves: 6 Servings
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Durant Olive Mill Rosemary Fused olive oil, divided
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of Durant Vineyards Pinot Gris or Chardonnay (we used 2019 Southview Pinot Girs)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 450º.
- Toss the butternut squash, apples, 1/4 cup of Durant Olive Mill Rosemary Fused olive oil, salt, and pepper together and place, in a single layer, on a baking tray. Roast until cooked through and beginning to brown around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, sauté the onions, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper in 1/4 cup of Durant Olive Mill Rosemary Fused olive oil, stirring regularly until softened and fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, apples, and white wine to the pot and stir everything together. Add the broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer partially covered for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and, using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Divide the soup among six bowls. Drizzle with the Durant Olive Mill Rosemary Fused olive oil and garnish with Greek yogurt.