Pasta Di Pomodoro E Aglio (Summer Tomato and Garlic Pasta)
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 25 Minutes
Total time: 35 Minutes
Serves: 6 Servings
- 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp Durant Olive Mill Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Tagliatelle Pasta (or your favorite variety)
- ¼ cup Durant Olive Mill Garlic Fused Olive Oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups reserved pasta water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- Kosher salt (various amounts, see recipe details)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper place tomatoes on sheet.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp of Durant Olive Mill Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sprinkle with ½ tsp of kosher salt
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes become soft and tender, remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions, be sure to salt water (usually 2 Tbsp kosher salt).
- Reserve 2 cups of pasta water before draining, then set pasta aside while you prepare the sauce.
- In the same pasta pot, add your ¼ cup Durant Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil as well as your ¼ cup Durant Olive Mill Garlic Fused Olive Oil, heat oil on medium and add your chopped garlic. Let cook for about 30-45 seconds until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Quickly add your red pepper flakes and saute for another 30 seconds to allow the heat of the pepper to infused the oil.
- Next add your reserved pasta water and lemon juice and 1 tsp kosher salt, allow to boil then reduce to low for about 5 minutes.
- Add your pasta and work through the sauce, finally add your parsley and parmesan cheese.
*Recipe and imagery courtesy of Cosette Posko – Cosette’s Kitchen