Olive Oil Pie Crust
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Cook time: TBD
Total time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 1 Pie
- 2 2/3 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. Durant Olive Mill Arbequina EVOO
- 6 Tbsp. milk
- Mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the olive oil into the flour/salt mixture with a pastry cutter.
- Add the milk (it will be wetter than typical pie dough!), and mix it in with a fork until combined.
- Roll half the dough out between sheets of wax paper (no sticking to the rolling pin!).
- Peel the top sheet of wax paper off the rolled dough and flip the crust over into the pan.
- Remove remaining sheet of wax paper.
- After you’ve filled your pie crust, repeat this rolling process for the other half of the dough.
- Seal edges of crusts and cut vents in top.
- Bake as usual, depending on the type of pie you are making.