Olive Oil & Herb Ice Cubes
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: N/A
Total time: 20 Minutes
- Choose firm, fresh herbs, ideally from the market or your own garden.
- If you wish, you can chop them fine. Or leave them in larger sprigs and leaves. Such as rosemary, fennel stalk, sage, thyme, cilantro, chives and oregano.
- Pack the wells of ice cube trays about 2/3 full of herbs.
- Pour Durant Olive Mill extra-virgin olive oil over the herbs.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Remove the frozen cubes and store in freezer containers or small bags.
- Don’t forget to label each container or bag with the type of herb (and oil) inside!
A great way to have herbs ready immediately for winter stews, roasts, soups, and potato dishes. These dishes usually call for oil to start with, and so you can take a cube of frozen oil, herbs inside, out of the freezer and use this as the base of your dish. Cook the onions and garlic in this herb-infused oil and let the taste of herbs spread through your whole dish. Happy Cooking!