Olive Oil Focaccia Bread
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 50 min
Serves: 4 small loafs
- 2 3/4 Cups lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp granulated yeast (2 packets)
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 Cup Oregon Olive Mill Frantoio EVOO
- 6 1/2 Cups unbleached flour
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Red Ridge Spanish
- Rosemary Salt
- Mix yeast, salt, sugar, chopped rosemary and EVOO with warm water in a stand mixer.
- Mix in flour, one cup at a time, using dough hook.
- Knead remaining flour by hand on a floured surface, folding dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Separate dough into four pieces, loosely cover separately with oiled plastic wrap and allow to rest at room temperature until dough rises to double it’s original size – about 2 hours.
- Bake at 375º until golden brown. About 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with rosemary salt when pulled from oven.
- Let rest until slightly cooled, slice and serve.
with Oregon Olive Mill Frantoio EVOO & Red Ridge Spanish Rosemary Salt