Lemon Olive Oil Sugar Cookies
Prep time: 10 Minutes (+1 Hour of Chill time)
Cook time: 12 Minutes
Total time: 82 Minutes
Serves: 24 Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Durant Olive Mill Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Extra sugar for rolling
- In a bowl, whisk dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine your wet ingredients together whisking until combined. Add your dry ingredients and fold with a spatula until just combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least an hour can wait overnight as well.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Pour about ½ cup of granulated sugar in a small bowl.
- Scoop dough and roll slightly in your palms, then roll cookie ball in the granulated sugar. Place on silicone or parchment-lined cookie sheet. 12 should fit on one tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly crisp, cookies have puffed and just barely start to crackle. Remove from the oven and let cool. Bake 2nd tray.
*Recipe and imagery courtesy of Cosette Posko – Cosette’s Kitchen