Lemon and Artichoke Roasted Chicken
- 1 cup Oregon Olive Mill Lemon EVOO
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 10-12 pieces (about 4 1/2 lbs.) bone-in chicken parts (thighs and legs are best), pat dry
- 1 cup white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 (14 oz.) can or 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1/2 medium onion (any kind), cut into chunks
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley), for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, chicken broth, garlic, mustard, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Place chicken in a rimmed 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish or Dutch Oven.
- Place parts skin side up and spread them out evenly in the pan.
- Arrange mushrooms, artichokes, onion and lemon slices around the chicken.
- Pour olive oil mixture all over chicken and vegetables. (If you marinated the chicken in this mixture, add it all in).
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and garnish with additional chopped fresh herbs.
with Oregon Olive Mill Lemon EVOO