Prep time: 1 min
Cook time: 3 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serves: 1-4 people
- Begin with making a Lavender Simple syrup. Exact ratios vary in different recipes, so don’t worry too much about precision. You are basically blending sugar, water and Lavender flowers together on a low simmer over the stove until the sugar dissolves and you have a ‘syrup’ that is infused with the lovely taste of Lavender.
- Typically we use equal parts sugar to water; so 1 cup granulated sugar to 1 cup water. Lavender flowers can be added in small to large quantities, depending on how strong you prefer the taste of Lavender. We are big fans, so in a 1:1 ration, we might add at least 1/2 cup of flower buds to the infusion. You may use as little as a few teaspoons, if you want a more subtle hint of Lavender.
- Simmer these 3 ingredients until the sugar is totally dissolved and the Lavender has time to infuse; 15-20 mins.
- Cool and strain out lavender buds. This syrup keeps for weeks in the refrigerator in a sealed container,
- Now, for the Lemonade (again, exact measurements are less critical, so go for taste). Put some ice cubes into a glass and fill 1/3 with syrup. Next, squeeze the juice of one lemon into the glass. Stir and adjust for tartness. Add more lemon juice if it’s too sweet, more syrup if too tart or some sparkling water to dilute the lemonade into an effervescent elixir that beats the heat any day of the week.
Lavender Lemonade is a perfect summertime beverage that is easy to make.