Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 6 Servings
- One tablespoon of Durant Estate Grown Culinary Lavender
- 1 cup white, granulated sugar
- 2 cups of boiling water for the infusion
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups or more of cold water
- Place Durant Culinary Lavender in a medium bowl (a large pyrex measuring bowl works great because you can pour easily from it). Pour the sugar over the flowers and use your fingers to gently rub the flowers into the sugar.
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water over the lavender sugar and stir with a spoon until the sugar has melted. Cover and let infuse for 30 minutes (or up to several hours).
- Strain the lavender-infused simple syrup and pour into a serving carafe or pitcher.
- Stir in the lemon juice. Add another two cups of water. Taste and adjust for tartness. Add more lemon juice if too sweet. Add more sugar if too tart. Add ice and more water to desired level of concentration. Note that the ice will melt eventually, further diluting the drink.