Lamb Tzatziki Burgers with Carrot Dill Fries
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 50 Minutes
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1.5 lb Organic Ground Lamb
- 4 Brioche Buns
- Sliced Red Onion
- Feta crumbles
- Iceberg lettuce
- 3/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Grated Cucumber (using a cheese grater)
- 2 tbsp Durant Olive Mill Koroneiki EVOO
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill, chopped
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Bunch Whole Carrots (6-8 total carrots)
- 1 tbsp Durant Olive Mill Koroneiki EVOO
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Clean and peel. Slice carrots in half, length wise, and drizzle with olive oil before placing on baking sheet. Sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper.
- Cook carrots for 30 minutes. Turn carrots after 30 minutes – bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Make the tzatziki sauce. Add all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl, mix and let the flavors marry. Chill until you are ready to assemble burgers.
- Once the carrots pass the 30 minute mark, it’s time to cook the burgers. Divide lamb equally into 4 burgers, Form patties. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Grab a skillet (or heat up your grill) and heat over medium-high heat. After a minute or so, drizzle olive oil and add the burger patties. Cook on each side 6-7 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Now that the burgers and carrot fries are done, it’s time to assemble. Take a brioche bun (or any nice soft bun) stack iceberg lettuce and slices of red onion. Place burger and dress with tzatziki and a few feta crumbles.
- Serve the burgers alongside the carrots fries, with extra tzatziki of course to dip!