Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 20 Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon Durant Olive Mill Koroneiki evoo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 4 ounces bacon, finely minced
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Greek Freak Spice Rub
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Soften shallots, jalapeño, garlic: Heat a small pan over medium heat and add oil, minced garlic, jalapeño and shallot, and cook for 1 minute, then let cool.
- Make meatball mixture: Meanwhile, crumble lamb into a large bowl. Evenly scatter the bacon, orange zest and Greek Freak over lamb, and season with pepper. Sprinkle the cooled garlic mixture over lamb.
- Form meatballs: Gently mix until just combined, then form into 1¼-inch balls and transfer to a plate or sheet pan.
- Brown meatballs on all sides: Heat a large cast iron pan over medium to medium high heat. Working in batches if necessary to prevent crowding, brown meatballs on all sides until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.