Durant Vineyards Pinot Noir Cranberry Sauce
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 2 Cups
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Durant Vineyards Pinot Noir of choice, we used our 2017 Dove Pinot Noir
- 1/2 cinnamon stick (1 1/2 inches)
- 1 package fresh or frozen cranberries (about 12 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, or more to taste
- In a saucepan over moderate heat, combine the sugar, red wine and cinnamon stick; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and the wine is reduced slightly.
- Add the cranberries and zest. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the cranberries are soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.