Cod with Tomato and Fennel Sauce
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 25 Minutes
Total time: 35 Minutes
Serves: 4 Servings
- 4 skinless fillets of cod
- 5 Tbsp Durant Olive Mill Estate Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tsp Durant Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, divided, more as needed
- 1.5 cups halved cherry tomatoes (about 10oz)
- 1 head of fennel, sliced thinly
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup white wine, Durant Vineyards Pinot Gris
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Durant Cyprus Black Lava Sea Salt
- Season both sides of cod fillets with a few grinds of pepper and about 1 teaspoon of Durant Himalayan Pink Sea Salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of Durant Olive Mill Estate Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add your sliced fennel and halved tomatoes. Add in 1 teaspoon of Durant Himalayan Pink Sea Salt as well as a few grinds of pepper. Let cook for about 15 minutes until both tomatoes and fennel become soft.
- Add in your chopped garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes and finally add in your white wine, Durant Vineyards Pinot Gris is a great one to use.
- Let your tomato mixture cook on medium heat for another 5-10 minutes until the wine is cooked off and a thick sauce forms. Season with any additional salt and pepper, keep on low heat.
- In a non-stick skillet, add the additional 3 tablespoons of Durant Estate Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heat on medium-high until. Once oil is hot, add your cod and let cook for about 3-4 minutes and then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side until crisp and fish is cooked and flaky.*
- Nestle into tomato mixture, top with fresh lemon juice and finally a sprinkling of Durant Cyprus Black Lava Sea Salt. Serve warm and garnish with fennel fronds.
*Note: Be sure your oil is hot before placing your fish in pan so it doesn’t stick. If fish is lowered in cold oil, it will not cook properly and your fish can stick. Non-stick pans are best for cooking pan fried fish.
*Recipe and imagery courtesy of Cosette Posko – Cosette’s Kitchen