Chocolate & Orange Olive Oil Bundt Cake
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 60 Minutes
Total time: 80 Minutes
Serves: 12 Servings
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee (can sub hot water but coffee brings out the flavor of the chocolate)
- ¾ cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup Durant Olive Mill Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup yogurt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chopped
- ⅓ cup Durant Orange Fused Olive Oil
- Prepare a bundt pan by greasing and flouring extremely well, be sure to get every crevice to ensure cake doesn’t stick. Baker’s Joy cooking spray is HIGHLY recommended for bundt cakes, it combines both a grease and flour combination. Standard cooking spray is NOT recommended.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add your cocoa powder to hot coffee to create a chocolate paste, next add your olive oil and finally sugar. Beat these ingredients for 2-3 minutes on high until well combined.
- Next add your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed until slightly incorporated. Be sure to stop mixture and scrape sides to incorporate all ingredients.
- Finally add the remaining wet ingredients: eggs, yogurt, orange zest and vanilla. Mix on medium-high until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour mixture into your prepared bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when tested.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip over and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before icing.
Chocolate Orange Glaze Instructions:
- In a small bowl, add your chocolate chunks and melt in microwave for 1-2 minutes in 30 second intervals. Remove and stir after each 30 seconds, you want chocolate to just slightly to start to melt but not get hot. (you may also melt chocolate over a double boiler)
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour in your Durant Orange fused Olive Oil and begin mixing until fully combined and chocolate is smooth and glossy.
- Pour over cooled cake, enjoy!
*Recipe and imagery courtesy of Cosette Posko – Cosette’s Kitchen