Arbequina EVOO Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 13-15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 24 cookies
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup + 1 Tablespoon Oregon Olive Mill Arbequina or Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 11⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk flour and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Add both sugars, salt and vanilla to bowl with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add egg and yolk and whisk until mixture is smooth with no sugar lumps remaining, about 30 seconds. Let mixture stand for 3 minutes, then whisk for 30 seconds. Repeat process of resting and whisking 2 more times until mixture is thick, smooth and shiny.
- Using rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture until just combined, about 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using), giving dough final stir to ensure no flour pockets remain.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out as much cookie dough as necessary to make the size of cookies you desire. I did one big tablespoon for each cookie, which equaled to 2-sheets of 12 cookies.
- Bake cookies 1 tray at a time until cookies are golden brown and still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft, 13-15 minutes.
- Transfer baking sheet to wire rack; and allow cookies to cool.
* Adapted from Cook’s Illustrated Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe