Caprese Salad with Pesto Dressing
- 2 Cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp dried basil leaves, lightly crushed
- 1/3 Cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup Oregon Olive Mill Arbequina EVOO
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Medium heirloom tomatoes, 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 Pound fresh mozzarella, 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3 Tbsp Oregon Olive Mill 8-Year Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Red Ridge Cyprus Black Lava Salt
- In bowl of food processor, pulse the dried basil with the fresh basil leaves
- Add walnuts, garlic and Parmesan cheese, pulse 4-5 times.
- Add EVOO and process for about 10 seconds, until mixture is finely chopped but not pureed.
- Layer tomato and mozzarella slices on a serving platter or on olive oil grilled bread.
- Drizzle with pesto dressing, balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with Cyprus Black Lava Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
with Oregon Olive Mill Arbequina EVOO, Oregon Olive Mill
8-Year Aged Balsamic Vinegar & Red Ridge Cyprus Black Lava Salt