Butternut Squash Hummus
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 2 Cups
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 1 medium squash)
- 2 Tbsp Durant Olive Mill Estate Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ tsp Durant Himalayan Salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ⅓ cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Durant Olive Mill Garlic Fused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)*
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
- Assorted crackers, vegetables and bread
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a sheet pan, spread your cubed butternut squash and drizzle with 2 Tbsp Durant Olive Mill Estate Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Durant Himalayan Salt. Mix to coat all pieces.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until fork-tender, turning halfway through.
- When squash is done, place into bowl of a food processor with garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, and Durant Olive Mill Garlic Fused Olive Oil.
- Process on high speed until smooth and fully combined, stop partway through mixing and scrape sides down to incorporate if necessary.
- Pour butternut squash hummus into oven safe dish, top with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese and place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until bubbling.*
- Top with black sesame seeds (optional)
- Serve warm with toasted bread, vegetables and crackers.
*Recipe and imagery courtesy of Cosette Posko – Cosette’s Kitchen