Blackberry Roasted Pepper Vinegar BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
Total time: 2 Hours, 55 Minutes
Serves: 8 Servings
BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Aperö Roasted Blackberry Pepper Vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Pulled Pork Ingredients:
BBQ Sauce Instructions
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan, over medium low heat. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and then remove from the heat. Use immediately or pour into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Pulled Pork Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in lower and upper positions. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cayenne, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Place pork in a 5-quart Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed pot; rub with spice mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, and 1/2 cup water; pour over pork. Cover pot, and place in oven on lower rack. Bake until pork is very tender and separates easily when pulled with a fork, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Transfer pork to a work surface, reserving pan juices. With two forks, shred meat. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with pan juices to moisten (you may not need all the juices). Pile pork on ciabatta buns, and top with barbecue sauce