Beet, Orange & Olive Salad
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2.3 hours
Serves: 6 servings
- 5 Medium sized beets
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Head of Radicchio
- 1/2 Small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 5 Tbsp assorted olives, pitted & halved
- 3 Tbsp Oregon Olive Mill Tuscan EVOO
- 1 Tbsp Aperö Orange Apéritif Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Place beets in a pot and cover with cold water – bring to boil.
- Cook 1 to 2 hours or until tender – a knife should go in smoothly.
- Leave the beets to cool in the water.
- Once cool, take them out and peel.
- Cut in half, then cut each half into wedges that are 1 inch thick at their base.
- Place the beets in a mixing bowl.
- Slice off the top and bottom of each orange.
- Now cut down the sides of the oranges, following the natural curves, to remove the skin and white pith.
- Over a small bowl remove the segments from the oranges by slicing between the membranes.
- Transfer the segments and juice to the bowl with the beets; discard the membrane.
- Cut the radicchio vertically into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Break up into separate leaves and add to the salad.
- Finally, add the remaining ingredients and toss everything together gently.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, then serve!
with Oregon Olive Mill Tuscan EVOO & Aperö Orange Apéritif Vinegar